Thursday, August 5, 2010
A Study of Cherries
I did this from my imagination. I've never painted cherries and it has been awhile since I painted a still life. My colors were Holbeins peacock blue and indian yellow with rose madder. I charged the shadows with a dark mauve and burnt sienna. Cherries always remind me of the spring when I picked them as a teenager for a local farmer. He would hire the neighborhood kids to finish off the pickings after the pickers left. We made $7.50 a lug and of course, I ate most of the profit, they were bing cherries, yum. What an overkill, you will not see me eating cherries today.....lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Watercolor on 300lb cp paper using the wet on wet technique and limited palette, MaimeriBlu Perm violet blueish and Cad yellow light. Refere...
Only you now, what we see now!!
ReplyDeleteAlpha imaginations.
Very nice, Willy.
Thanks again Willy..
ReplyDelete