Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Day Plein Air Painting




I had my first plein air painting class Saturday and loved it.  The instructor was very hands on and did a small demo, which helped.  It was at Outlook Point in Redwood City,CA over looking Crystal Springs Reservoir right across the freeway from the Filoi estates.  The photo does not do the scene justice, it was much closer, and I did a just a small portion of the lake.  The foreground was completely cropped out, to create a better composition.  I did a watercolor sketch on student grade paper with pan paints.  I took that sketch as my reference to complete a final piece of work on professional grade paper.
A 15"X11" watercolor on 140lb cp paper using Winsor Newton transparent watercolor paints

8 comments:

  1. Hola Karen :) Has capatdo muy bien en tu acuarela el paisaje, es muy bonita. Saludos Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Karen and thanks for sharing your plein air day experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I would say that as first experience in plein air, you did a beautiful work! My first experience was a disaster. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ina
    Thank you Sonia
    Thank you Sharon
    Thank you Laura
    Thank you Tito and my original plein air painting was a disaster also. I used the original as a reference for this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting outdoors is very rewarding and enriching Karen, when you get used to it, the results are fabulous.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderfully fresh painting, you put the glorious view into art !

    ReplyDelete

Daffodils Up