Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Little Bit of San Gregorio Beach

A 20"x10" acrylic on canvas board, of one of the many scenes at San Gregorio Beach CA.  This was an amazing experience.  We were on top of the cliff looking down and over the horizon.  Of course, I got sun poisoning on my third outing, so I had to just lather on the sun screen, wear the hat with the widest brim.  I don't look normal out there, but I love it.  I found painting in acrylic easier than watercolor.  Watercolor as with oils you have to know where that color is going to be placed, before you start.

10 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful scene, the water is awesome, beautiful color and crest , I really have to try acrylic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane. It is an awesome scene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this when I spotted it on fb.... you doing more acrylics now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Judith and yes I am getting back into acrylics. Especially, when doing plein air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A magical place to paint in plein air! Your art work,Karen, has all the beauty and atmosphere of this lovely beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen:) I just saw your photo's in the previous post. You did a great job! I love the color of the water and the water splashing on the rocks. A beautiful place to be I think! Have a nice week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Realmente es un paisaje hermoso. Los colores están muy bien integrados por toda la obra. ¡Enhorabuena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Karen. Just popped in to take another look after seeing it on FB. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Daffodils Up