Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Adventures in Multiple Glazing


My adventures in multiple glazing technique have mixed results. These two painting came out really dark. The first one has 15 glazes and the second one 12. I can still finish them using acrylic or gouache, i.e. dark to light. LOL. The light areas are misket. I followed the recipe of eight colors (raw sienna, cerulean blue,burnt sienna,Sap green mixed with sepia, Primary red magenta, permanent violet bluish, primary yellow, garnet lake) these are the first initial colors, then it is whatever you desire.  Each glaze is a gradient wash on 300lb hp paper. I think there is something to be said, regarding technique. I have not given up. I love the results of multiple glazing. I started 3 more paintings and this time I using three colors. This is all about technique,technique, technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daffodils Up